Thursday, July 12, 2012

Condi

Is it weird that I'm kind of excited that Condoleezza Rice could potentially be Mitt Romney's running mate? Of course I don't want them to actually win. Because that would be creepy, regressive, destructive, and profoundly upsetting. But I've kind of missed Condi. I mean, she did nothing good for the country/ world but there was always something compelling about her. She's had a fascinating life, for sure. And girlfriend knows how to work a skirt suit. But the most interesting thing about her is the fact that she is a complete and utter enigma. She's extremely intelligent, she's the first woman of color to be Secretary of State. But ultimately she's just....sketchy. And profoundly so. But I sort of love her anyway. 

One of the best things at MoMa right now is Luc Tuymans' portrait of Condi. It's brilliant.  

No comments: