Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chic Happens

Against my better judgement I picked up like 40 issues of Chic from a street vendor this weekend. It was a late seventies / early 80's men's magazine founded by Larry Flynt. It's pretty risque compared to Oui or Playboy, definitely more similar to Hustler. Although it's more fashiony than Hustler. I love the covers, a lot of them look like Cosmo-esq women's magazines. But the inside is a different story. It's a lot of highly unappealing crotch shots (this is the understatement of the century), photos of oiled up chicks lying on cheap satin sheets, gross (and flacid) hairy tan dudes, etc. But the appeal lies within the insanely campy concepts for the editorials, the hysterical prop styling, the Harri Peccinotti-esq beauty shots, and the flawless, coked-up art direction. I'll post some images from the inside of the issues in the near future, something that doesn't violate Blogspot's content policy. If thats possible. 


3 comments:

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

Oh my goodness cannot WAIT to see more! What a score.

Kate Jinx said...

OOH! I want to see more of that leopard print (bodypaint?) issue!

ktz said...

omg hahaha i love your taste!