Saturday, November 26, 2011

Doll Parts

I finally located a copy of Garage magazine (named for editor-in-chief Dasha Zhukova's gallery of the same name) and holy shit it is amazing! Most magazines that attempt to bridge the gap between art and fashion are annoying, especially this one. But Garage feels different. There aren't celebrities plastered on every page. The articles are actually worth reading. And Nick Knight's Cafe Flesh-inspired editorial is my favorite of the year. Believe it or not, but that human Blythe doll is actually Lily Donaldson. You can see a couple of the "before" shots here and here.







4 comments:

My name is Giacobba said...

This is so cool!!! thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

wait, what? these are incredible.

daily/weakly said...

Ack! That's blowing my mind! I'll have to track down a copy.



xxdaily.weakly
http://dailyweakly.blogspot.com/

Blythe said...

Wow, very cute doll. I love this doll and wanna to collect this one at PIJ. I seriously enjoyed your lovely post regarding this awesome Blythe doll. Thanks.
http://bit.ly/blythejp