Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wild Style

Eighties futurist fashion was just plain weird and only a genius like Marie Chaix could pull off a throwback to that era. She just blows me away, who would think that sticking a model's arm through a metallic satchel would look appealing? And her styling of the iPod (R.I.P. Steve Jobs) is just brilliant. Every look strikes the perfect balance between ugliness and chicness with a heavy dollop of weirdness and androgyny. Bravo Paris Vogue! I'm down with the Emmanuelle Alt era.






7 comments:

My name is Giacobba said...

so cool. so shiny!

laurakitty said...

Oh, I saw this the other day and thought it was amazing! I totally need that silver collar- so chic and hard.

HeyItsAlexP said...

I'm in love with this shoot, especially the cuffs

A Bonfire of the Vanities said...

What the 80s look should be like, that fox-tailed-bright-coloured-metal-choked look as opposed to leggings and slogan t-shirts. Styling at its best

x

www.abonfireofthevanities.blogspot.com

hope505 said...

dammm!! Love that metallic green bag! (can't even really call it a clutch!) & the whole futuristic look of this shoot

laser hair removal los angeles said...

I love it! So chic and shiny lol i love all the jackets and the cuffs especially

laser hair removal los angeles said...

I love it! So chic and shiny lol i love all the jackets and the cuffs especially