Monday, August 29, 2011

Fantasia

I just about died when I came across the concept art for the Pastoral Symphony segment of Fantasia. It's just so magical! If I was Oprah rich I would commission a 50-ft mural of this painting, it would look so great next to my infinity pool. And I'd also give Tim Walker 300 million dollars to finance a lavish live-action remake of the Pastoral Symphony. Computer generated imagery would be strictly forbidden, instead Tim would draw inspiration from the work of Busby Berkeley and Georges Méliès. Alber Elbaz would make the costumes and Lily Cole and Lindsey Wixon would play centaurs. And Phillip Glass could create an alternate score for the Criterion DVD release, just like he did with La Belle et la Bete. God that would be good.







6 comments:

laurakitty said...

How dreamy! Your vision sounds so perfect and thought out- could we write Oprah about it? A last wish before we die (of lack of sensory overload)....

rental mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Irene said...

Jeez, yes. Elbaz will conjur up something with delicate billows of fabric and all the sirens would be just gorgeous!

Irene said...

Formula457.wordpress.com

lola said...

love it !!!!

Internet Marketing Los Angeles said...

What an amazing painting! It's like something straight out of a dream. I definitely agree with your Oprah sentiments lol

-Sara