Wednesday, June 15, 2011

i love you pink

I've lived in five different apartments since I moved to New York. The last three had one thing in common: Benjamin Moore "i love you pink" flat-finish paint. It's such a good color. It's pink, but not too pink. It doesn't make your apartment look like the bedroom of a tween character on a sitcom. I've even gotten compliments from straight guys! And it's really nice to come home to the same color year after year, apartment after apartment. It feels stabilizing in a hectic city that is perpetually in flux. At this point, I wouldn't feel at home without at least one room coated in this stuff. 

5 comments:

hope505 said...

~ gorgeous ~ I'm gonna get a swatch from the store...my 2 year 'houseaversary' is coming up and I'm gettin' in the mood fer som paint! (after the evaporative cooler gets turned on...*ha!)

Nicholas said...

I used this color as a base-study for french macaroons that I filled with rose petal jelly about a year ago for a competition!

Chelsea Fairless said...

Nicholas-that is amazing! I would love to eat i love you pink rose macaroons, that sounds like a dream that I would have!

Paula said...

I love your pink

Anneli said...

Whoa! I've been looking for a pink to paint my new apt, and this is perfect! (also, Cat Party is my favorite blog, the only blog i check daily, every single post is gold).