Monday, May 2, 2011

Living Room

I love Amanda Brooks' living room. It has this crazy David Hicks meets Palm Beach meets Lisa Yuskavage vibe about it. You can't be unhappy in that room. Miles Aldridge shot the first image for a feature in Vogue Living a few years ago, the girl is Amanda's daughter Coco. The second image was a collaboration between Sarah Wilmer and myself for the first issue of Chelsea. I really dig the prop styling that we did, especially the X record on the floor!  But back to the room, Amanda found the paintings of the girls in the go-go boots at a vintage store, best score ever! I guess they were some guy's college project. The other paintings in the background are by Anh Duong and Amanda's husband Christopher. The two chairs are mid-century pieces that she recovered with African fabrics, I love those too. But my favorite part is the hot pink carpet, it's so major. Especially if you're dancing to X on it! 


As I mentioned in the previous post, copies of Chelsea #1 are available here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could be unhappy in that room. In fact, I find that room (and both pictures) singularly depressing. But different strokes ... ... you know?
peace,
t.

m.bardeaux said...

i think i would probably die on the spot if i found those gogo paintings in a thrift store...