Thursday, April 28, 2011

Carrie Fisher Quotes

"I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive." 
"Instant gratification takes too long." 
"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." 
"If my life wasn't funny it would just be true, and that is unacceptable."
"Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell."
"You know how I always seem to be struggling, even when the situation doesn't call for it?"
"Life is a cruel, horrible joke and I am the punch line."
"You know how they say that religion is the opiate of the masses? Well I took masses of opiates religiously." 
"Celebrity is just obscurity biding its time."
ps. Postcards from the Edge is on watch instantly.

5 comments:

carla said...

One of my favorite Carrie Fisherisms: "Celebrity is just obscurity biding its time."

Chelsea said...

I love that! Just added it to the list.

Jesika Lin said...

LOVE IT. i just read 'wishful drinking like two or three times in a row! i just wrote about her in my bipolar post: http://lastnightsglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/they-call-me-spitfire-tales-of-madness.html
shes the best celeb... totally honest about how absurd her life is.

patuxxa said...

Love Carrie Fisher. Not only because I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, but most of all for her incredible, inspired, sarcastic authenticity.

michi said...

made my day - thanks!