Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Please Kill Me

Few things in life give me as much pleasure as the overwhelmingly positive response to my recent post about Katy Perry. The knowledge that there are likeminded people out there gives me strength during those dark times when I hear "Firework" on the radio. Like when I'm at the gym, the supermarket, or virtually every other establishment that I frequent. And guess what Katy? I don't feel "like a plastic bag/ drifting through the wind / wanting to start again." I liked American Beauty as much as the next person but plastic bag metaphors are so 1999. And don't even get me started on this.....

Katy Perry: 'I'm obsessed with cats'

Wednesday, March 23 2011, 2:35pm EDT
By Kristy Kelly, Entertainment Reporter

Katy Perry has revealed that she has an "obsession" with cats because she sees similarities between herself and the feline animals.

The 'Firework' singer and her husband Russell Brand own three cats - Kitty Purry, Morrissey and Krusty - and the 26-year-old insisted that she wants to make having a cat "cool".

She told More: "I am obsessed with cats. I'm kind of trying to make that cat-lady personality cool. I want it to be chic! Cats are like, 'You have to earn my affection'. And I really associate myself with that.

"People have to earn my affection, but when I give it, it's going to be good. I'm very independent like a cat too, and I do things in my own time. My cats have a feminine way, it's sexy."

Perry also admitted that the animals have inspired some of her music and confessed that her next track contains some "cat references".

When asked if she would record a feline-inspired song, she replied: "I have a lot of those on the album already. I do have a song coming out in a few months that has a couple of cat references, but I think that's a little too saucy to talk about. I like to leave things a mystery."

29 comments:

K said...

I scope your blog often and was pleasantly surprised by your Katy Perry rip. The girl makes me irate.

She is to cats what hipsters are to Raybans. An exploitative disease with a bad weave.

I wrote this rambling on her idiocy last summer and you might get a kick out of it.

http://wollmaus.tumblr.com/post/906640891/jesus-christ-cheese-and-rice

Anyway. This hater gonna hate right with you, lady.

xo

heavy puff said...

ughhh, yea dude, so many levels of barf.

Angsthase said...

What the bitch ass fuck? She is not allowed cats! That can't be something she takes! She already has dresses that contain hidden LEDs, brightly coloured hair that makes her head look small and hypocritical Christianity! Oh wait, I don't want any of those things. All the same, she needs to give cats the fuck back.

Fashion Intel said...

she's totally gnarls.

Hesterbell said...

I hate that her "outrageous" style is actually just pageant dresses that have been cut short. She's not freaking me out; that is certain.

anabela / fieldguided said...

I was kind of hoping you would get started on it.

Vintage Seen said...

she lives above my office. right above...I see her outside the building and get the songs stuck in my head...hideous.

a cat of impossible colour said...

NO! She can't take cats. No, no, no.

Leave us something, Perry!

rachael said...

she's annoying and a poseur...can't say it without sounding childish, but oh wells.

erin jane / atlantic treefox said...

woof

Kaye said...

the fact that she has a cat named kitty purry makes me want to vomit.

Kaye said...

the fact that she has a cat named kitty purry makes me want to vomit.

l.g. kunkel said...

Learning that Katy Perry has a cat named "Morrissey" fills me with rage. How dare she.

Marina said...

This makes me so happy! thank you! katy perry = BARF. make owning a cat "cool"? really? she canceled out any chance w/ that statement...

Andrew said...

I disagree with all these comments and this blog post. Thank you.

Andrew said...

Then again I am a male. It appears all the commenters and the blogger are female. I think I'm onto something.

Anonymous said...

I THINK NOT. I'M A DUDE AND I THINK KATY PERRY IS ONE OF THE WORST "POP STARS" RIGHT NOW... SHE'S RUBBISH!!! PEOPLE HAVE TO BE MORE CRITICAL WHEN THEY GIVE THEIR MONEY, TIME AND ATTENTION TO ENTERTAINERS NOWADAYS! QUALITY STILL MATTERS PEOPLE!!!! REMEMBER THAT!!!! WORD !

/// G \\\

Anonymous said...

AND JUST BECAUSE SHE "FUCK-ABLE" DOES NOT MEAN SHES WORTH THE ATTENTION!

/// G \\\

Dez said...

Anonymous dude rocks!
Seriously, the girl needs to lay off felines, like right now. Did any of y'all see what Russell Brand looked like at the Oscars?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1526905344/nm1258970

Scary, though he probably deserves it (he's an eery fuck, ain't he?). But just imagine the effect she must have on pets!!!

paige said...

sign of not being cool: saying you want to "make _________ cool".

Alyson Clair said...

The ONLY ONLY way this could even be a tiny bit ok, is if she was promoting shelter awareness. Which it doesn't sound like she is.

In that case may I share this (again):
http://www.dlisted.com/node/40221

Chelsea said...

Thanks everyone for all of these rad comments!

K- I love your Katy Perry post! Far more articulate and thorough than anything that I could ever write!

Vintage Seen-that sucks! I feel like she's all up in my shit all the time but I can't imagine actually physically seeing her on a day-to-day basis as well. Uh.

Kaye/lg- I can't decide if Kitty Purry or Morrissey annoys me more. Both are offensive on so many levels.

Anon-WORD!

Dez- Russell Brand is scary. I don't think that he's the worst person in the world when I see him on TV but how fucking sick would you have to be to marry KP???? Creepy.

Alyson-Wow, that was clearly a dick move on RB's part. But I totally prefer "natural katy" to her normal airbrushed state.

Flavio Colker said...

The picture, her face, dress, navel.. plus her wisdom on cats and promoting cat people.. it is all unbearable. I trully sympathise w/ your repulsion.

oktooca said...

UGH

Jacqui said...

I didn't start really disliking her until I started seeing the new adidas 'is all in' campaign posters on bus stops in town.

Now I have to see her schlapped on face hovering above her massively fake tits encased in low-cut adidas lyrca with the slogan 'is all in' emblazoned over them every day on the way to & from work. I'm no fem-nazi but find it incredibly insulting on many levels.

The fact that I struggle to even envisage her participating in sport - I do not consider her a 'dancer' - leads me down all kinds of advertising & marketing/ society/ katy/ and now adidas hate paths.

There is no way my titties will be 'all in' adidas clothing when I exercise from now on.

*Amen* to you & your blog and all the comments so far.

Note: I've tried to find the advert image online but haven't located the right one yet.

Jacqui said...

Huh that was a bit of a rant. Guess I just feel about Katy Perry associated with sport as you do with her & cats.

Anonymous said...

what?! i think that she named her cat kitty purry is like the most brilliant thing ever. way harsh, guys.

dirtbike said...

how dare she name that cat morrissey?!!

Sister Wolf said...

I hate her more than I can say. I hate her as much as I hate Taylor Swift, almost.