Wednesday, March 16, 2011

D.I.Y. Dream Collaboration: IKEA x Comme des Garçons PLAY

I hate it when luxury brands collaborate with low-end or mid-range brands and I still can't afford anything. Unlike Lanvin for H&M or Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, my IKEA x Comme des Garçons PLAY hybrid pillow can be yours for less that ten dollars! Just follow the simple instructions below:

1. Go to IKEA and purchase their "Famnig Hjärta" cushion (don't you just love those IKEA names?). It is their top selling item and at $4.99 a pop it won't exactly break the bank. 
2. Buy a piece of white felt and a piece of black felt.
3. Google image the CDG PLAY logo and cut out the eye and eyeball shapes accordingly.
4. Sew or glue the eyes onto the pillow. I stitched the black eye part onto the white eye part but then I lost momentum and ended up gluing the finished eyes on the pillow. I hope this goes without saying but use fabric glue! I used a plastic knife to spread the glue evenly on the back of felt pieces, it worked wonderfully. 
5. If you have any Comme des Garçons fragrances (ideally their lovely Rose perfume) give your pillow a nice little spritz for added effect. 

Happy crafting!

11 comments:

softspoken said...

man oh man - love it!

ktz said...

so amazing!!

motionandheart said...

best idea!

motionandheart said...

best idea!

Six Six Sick said...

I love this, so cute, so smart, I definitely want to give this a DIY go!
xx
Tiffany

L.L. said...

What a great DIY. Now to find a striped couch....

Chelsea said...

Ha! That would be so perfect.

m.bardeaux said...

pretty sure they sell striped couches at ikea too guys, one stop shopping!

that pillow is genius!!!

Gabriela said...

this is brilliant
thank you

Fashion Intel said...

RULES!

Michele said...

Hahaha awesome, might try this one it's so easy!!