Monday, January 17, 2011

Taking it back to 1987

Try as I may, I can't pass up the opportunity to weigh in on the fashions at the Golden Globes last night. Helena Bonham Carter, Tilda Swinton, and Justin Bieber were my faves, everyone else looked like they walked straight off an episode of Dynasty and not in a good way. Angelina and J.Lo were giving me major Alexis and Krystle vibes, respectively. Julianne Moore looked great but she still had a Dynasty vibe. Or maybe it's more of an Angelica Huston at the 1985 Oscars vibe. I can't tell. Either way, it's so weird that celebrities choose to dress like this. Don't they realize how boring they are? I wish that Helena Bonham Carter, Lauren Hutton, Diane Keaton, and Cher were required to attend every single awards ceremony. 

4 comments:

ATILIN said...

I have a strenge feeling that i've seen JLo with that dress before... Deja Vu!

Lily said...

I thought Tilda looked kind of milquetoast in her Oprah Winfrey/First Lady crisp white shirt/heavy satin ballgown skirt thing. I expect nutsier from the lady who made that Lanvin Nosferatu sack famous!

Lily said...

But I do want to steal Helena's mismatched-color delicate satin party shoes idea. Awesome.

the healthy ghost said...

Good outline! I follow your blog.
xx