Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Cher

I am so excited to see Burlesque on Thanksgiving, I can't even deal. I really hope that it is more Showgirls than Dreamgirls but either way I'm really happy that Cher is having yet another comeback. I love that she is on the cover of Vanity Fair (looking EXACTLY like her Barbie) and I love seeing giant photoshopped pictures of her face every time I ride the subway. When I was in Las Vegas in September I saw her crazy show at Caesars Palace which is also home to the Cher store. The Cher store is like a crappy mall store except everything is Cher themed. They sell everything from $2 Cher breath mints to $10,000 Cher-approved diamond cage rings. I walked out with a baseball hat and a fridge magnet of Half Breed-era Cher. My fridge looks so much better now.

9 comments:

WendyB said...

Ever seen the episode of Will & Grace where Jack takes his Cher doll to brunch?

christina said...

Ahaha LOVE the fact that her hair is just as big on the doll as it is on VF. Great last shot of her derriere ;) xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

susie_bubble said...

I'm skeptical of the combination of Cher and Christina Aguilera...but I may be proven wrong...

lauren said...

I heard her Vegas show was awesome. I live in Vegas and there is no excuse not to go. I was Elton John and was kind of disappointed


http://blog.imagebylauren.com

Chelsea said...

Wendy-No I haven't! That sounds rad.

Susie-That is totally understandable. It was pretty comparable to Coyote Ugly so if you loved to hate that you'll probably dig Burlesque. Thats pretty harsh actually , it was better than Coyote Ugly. There was a fun part where Cher fucked up this girl's car with a crowbar.

Lauren-The Vegas show was amazing, I would totally dig seeing elton but I can see him phoning it in. Cher still works her ass off.

Marie said...

OH GOD I NEED THAT HALFBREED MAGNET!!
ps I loved Burlesque! I can't wait to screencap a million pictures of Christina's passionate singing face! I love them both!

Anonymous said...

burlesque. pst. that derned movie pissed me off, darlin' p.s. this is Cristal Conners.

Stéphane Malingue said...

Cool site, stéphane

Stéphane Malingue said...

Cool site, stéphane