Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Luxirare x Chelsea

OH MY GOD this is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in my entire fucking life!!!!!! No amount of expletives and exclamation points could possibly convey how stoked I am right now. I feel as if I may die from happiness, although really hope that doesn’t happen because I would be so pissed if I died before I got the chance to see Black Swan. But anyway, the source of my excitement is this: my friend Luxirare made gorgeous little cakes adorned with graphics from a collage that I made for Chelsea #2 (below). She is a total genius---totes the Elsa Schiaparelli of cuisine---and it is so incrediblel to see my work merge with hers in such a bizaare, fantastical way! I highly recommend reading her post; it is way way cooler than this one and has a lot more photos. I’m going to go die now. 

ps. Chelsea #2 is now sold at various locations in NYC: McNally Jackson, St. Mark's Bookshop, that awesome magazine shop on Spring & Lafayette, the one on Prince & Sullivan, and that crazy horders one on Avenue A between 4th & 5th. Next friday it will be at Universal News (various locations) and Spoonbill & Sugartown in Williamsburg. Or you can still order it through the website but I would advise doing that sooner rather than later, I am on the verge of selling out!

12 comments:

samantha. said...

holy sugar!! i can't believe those are cakes.
xo
sami

Kim said...

That is some incredible creativity!

Seeing the inside of that eyeball cake thing is hilarious!

kellyr said...

Wow. I have never seen an illustration that tastes so good. Yes!!! That is completely amazing. Yr friends is totally genius. Seriously!!

christina said...

I just saw the preview of issue 2 and LOVE the memorable Dynasty quotes. I love that show. Beautiful drawings too xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

whereareyoufromoriginally? said...

Dynasty quotes? I will look for Chelsea at Spoonbill.

Espen said...

I love Luxirare. She probably has a jar filled with crazy ideas.

Bantik said...

I saw that post and started fallowing you!!:>

MatryoshkaDoll said...

Those are awesome!

And lol @ the Black Swan comment - I swear I am watching the trailer at least once a day. Other than the Swedish version of the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series, it's really the only movie I've been excited about in 2010.

hope505 said...

~ stunned. ~ those little cakes are perfecto!! & what cool pictures to document!

Nicole said...

Chelsea,
I'm so happy for you that the issue is almost sold out!!! I have both (the ones you send to the Cynthia Rowley store) and I hope that one day it can spiral into Lula status! Not sure if you have distro in Chicago, but Quimby's bookstore has the best zine selection in the city!
xox

Tofu said...

looks so yummy

http://andthespidersfrommars.blogspot.com/

Emilie said...

Wow! Especially the eye-cakes are amazing!

http://edithinga.blogspot.com