Saturday, November 27, 2010

Horses in my Dreams

I'm so happy that I finally have an apartment with a fireplace. Not a real fireplace of course, one of those renovated urban fireplaces that people on Apartment Therapy usually fill with their books. My initial idea was to create some sort of stalker-y crystal-laden Stevie Nicks alter. I had big plans to buy dove figurines and get a lock of blonde hair---just to disturb visitors. It was coming along nicely but then I got this incredible faux-taxidermy horse head from my friend Tamar, isn't it incredible? It belongs over the fireplace, I'll have to move the Stevie stuff elsewhere. The crappy iPhone photo does not do the horse justice, it's a gorgeous dark purple color with silver sequined eyes. It reminds me of the horses in Cinderella and I swoon every time I look at it. It's really unfortunate that I don't know any 5-12 year old girls because they would really dig my living room. I'll share more photos when I'm further along with decorating, I still have a room to paint and a bunch of Ikea stuff to assemble, pray for me!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Woah. That is quite possibly the coolest thing ever. I can definitely see the Cinderella vibe.

christina said...

Love the idea of the lock of hair. Hilarious! The horse is v sweet xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

Tofu said...

super cool horse

http://andthespidersfrommars.blogspot.com/

m.bardeaux said...

i LOVE it! i love the stevie shrine too, though. could the horse go over the couch? ahhhh your apartment is looking so good chelsea! makes me want to start over.

samantha. said...

OMG i totally love stevie nicks too! my bff, timothy, is an artist who paints her and has been to every single one of her shows!

xo
sami

Perdita said...

Oh that is WONDERFUL and a torture to me, living in a scabby flat and waiting to buy somewhere where I can make a beautiful fireplace.

You have my envy, it's green but in a nice turquiosy way

laurakitty said...

I want a Stevie shrine! Not fair!