1. Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People by Amy Sedaris a.k.a. what I am buying everyone for Christmas. Pre-order here.
2. Todd Haynes' Mildred Pierce
Todd Haynes is adapting Mildred Pierce (the book not the film) for an HBO miniseries starring Kate Winslet is as Mildred Pierce! Evan Rachel Wood was cast as her bitchy daughter Veda, which seems appropriate.
3. The Rodarte book. I don't know anything about it aside from the fact that it contains a lot of Catherine Opie photos of Jenny Shimizu, Kate Moennig, Cecilia Dean, and Frankie Rayder in Rodarte, which sounds amazing to say the least! Pre-order here.
4. Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan
I'm not a huge Aronofsky fan but holy shit this looks amazing! I can't wait to get a better look at the Rodarte costumes. And how creepy is the poster?
5. My cross country road trip with Megan and our friend Sara! In early September we will drive from northern Caifornia to New York City. I bought an amazing sparkly champagne-colored mid-century couch in California and it has to get back to New York somehow. We will be passing through Las Vegas, Altanta, Dollywood (!!!) in Tennessee, and numerous thrift shops along the way. So excited!