Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Things that I am looking forward to:

1. Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People by Amy Sedaris a.k.a. what I am buying everyone for Christmas. Pre-order here

Photobucket

2. Todd Haynes' Mildred Pierce
Todd Haynes is adapting Mildred Pierce (the book not the film) for an HBO miniseries starring Kate Winslet is as Mildred Pierce! Evan Rachel Wood was cast as her bitchy daughter Veda, which seems appropriate.


3. The Rodarte book. I don't know anything about it aside from the fact that it contains a lot of Catherine Opie photos of Jenny Shimizu, Kate Moennig, Cecilia Dean, and Frankie Rayder in Rodarte, which sounds amazing to say the least! Pre-order here.

4. Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan
I'm not a huge Aronofsky fan but holy shit this looks amazing! I can't wait to get a better look at the Rodarte costumes. And how creepy is the poster?

Photobucket

5. My cross country road trip with Megan and our friend Sara! In early September we will drive from northern Caifornia to New York City. I bought an amazing sparkly champagne-colored mid-century couch in California and it has to get back to New York somehow. We will be passing through Las Vegas, Altanta, Dollywood (!!!) in Tennessee, and numerous thrift shops along the way. So excited!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Holy moly, Black Swan looks so good! and that Rodarte book too! ahhh. Not to mention your road trip, which sounds like a dream. wheeeee

Passport Smiles said...

Good luck on your huge trip! You should definitely stop by Nashville if you going to Dollywood!

nadine said...

I can't wait for Jerri's new book! if you have time, I highly recommend visiting Cabbage Patch General Hospital in Cleveland, Ga and Helen Keller's home in Tuscumbia, Al on your roadtrip.

m.bardeaux said...

black swan looks so amazing!

i can't wait for this roadtrip, it's going to be the best. thanks for all the recommendations everyone, we would love to hear more!

laurakitty said...

A roadtrip like that is my dream- hopefully next summer when I finish grad school and before I start my phD... That would give me time to learn to drive too...

laser hair removal los angeles said...

Loved Black Swan- but I liked Aronofsky beforehand so I figured it'd be good. How was Mildred Pierce? I heard good things and I love Kate Winslet...and how is that craft book? Looks cute!