Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Return to the Valley

I got such a positive response to my last Sweet Valley High post so I decided that it merited a follow-up. I'll always love the original (circular) cover design the most but some of the gatefold covers on the "magna editions" were pretty rad too. I especially love the Evil Twin books; I bought the whole series (A Night to Remember, The Morning After, The Arrest, The Verdict, The Wedding, Beware the Babysitter, The Evil Twin and Return of the Evil Twin) for a friend a few years ago. The gatefold cover with Margo hiding a knife behind her back is so good! via The Closet


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

These posts just remind me of how much my elementary school library was lacking in quality SVH material. Whatta drag.

Love how "Evil Twin" and "Return of the Evil Twin" think they're R.L. Stine covers!

Lucy said...

"Evil Twin" was SO the best. It was the only one that my sister had and I read it over and over again. Pretty scary stuff. hahaha.

Kitty Stampede said...

oooo...i remember "The New Jessica" one quite fondly. oh oh and "Deadly Summer"...i think these twinskies were a littler badder ass than I remember, hehe.

Alyson Clair said...

OMG The Saga is epic. After reading that I couldn't go back to the regular books.

Diana said...

I just won a giveaway on Agent Lover for an autographed copy of Pascal's Sweet Valley High: Ten Years Later. It doesn't come out until March 2011, but still. oh, and i get Team Elizabeth and Team Jessica shirts.
Be jealous!

Deirdre said...

Oh MAN, I totally forgot about the sagas. Those were friggin amazing. Epic is right.

MatryoshkaDoll said...

Ahh, these bring back memories! My favorite Wakefield sister moment was reading the historical saga one summer vacation at the beach. I remember literally crying at the end of the one where the ancestor who is supposed to be the Elizabeth finds her long lost twin, the Jessica, working as a horse performer at the circus. Then the Elizabeth character dies when she falls off the horse trying to imitate one of her twin's tricks. I tell you, my 11 year old self bawled!
Did you read any Christopher Pike too? That would make another great post!