Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Doll Baby

I haven't ever paid much attention to Orla Kiely aside from a dress I bought years ago at the Catbird that sold clothes - sad to find it closed! The Bedford location is still open, such a great name for a store. Anyways, the dress I bought was blue with white rick-rack. I guess you could say it resembled an Easter egg (in the best possible way). I've never been all that crazy about her bags but recently stumbled upon the Fall '09 clothing collection while browsing the lovely So Much To Tell You.









Needless to say I am totally digging the dollybird ruffly peter-pan collared goodness! If the images look like they're straight out of Lula that's because they were styled by Lula's Leith Clark. Reminds my so much of a darling little frock Miss Marianne would don in her pre-Mick/Anita days.







Oh Marianne!!!! You're so adorable, I almost can't bear to look at you...

13 comments:

calivintage said...

aha, what a coincidence! i was just browsing through this collection yesterday appreciating it's goodness.

E.K. said...

Marianne, oh those were good days for her.

catbird said...

Orla Kiely clothes are sooo cute but have always been insanely expensive. She just came out with a lower priced clothing line called....oh shoot. I just forgot.

I remember a blue ric-rac dress. It's awesome.

(great blog, btw.)

Megan said...

oohhh i'll have to try to dig up that lower priced line, thanks for the tip! i love all the pretty little things in your store, the merchandising is the best <3

Lucy said...

Is the girl modelling O.K called Skye? i love her! and she looks perfect in those outfits, so dreamy hehe
x

Volunteering abroad said...

Very beautifully created collection, its doll inspired designs is indeed all over her pieces.

car rental los angeles said...

It’s adorable collection. I love it. It looks lovely. Its dolly design is just fascinating.

Celebration Anniversary Gym said...

Just in case you didn't see this: http://www.ihatemyacne.com/gatopoder/

Lola Is Beauty said...

I so had exactly that peter pan collared dress when I was five. It was my favourite party dress - looks like Orla's been browsing the Laura Ashley archives for this one!

chess said...

Those are really adorable collections and I must say that those models look like a doll too.

Stop snoring said...

Great collections you have there. I must say that Marianne is really beautiful.

Los Angeles SEO said...

Beautiful pictures.

Jewelry NYC said...

I liked this post very much as it has helped me a lot in my research and is quite interesting as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.