Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Collabs, Schmolabs...

Ok, so I know I would typically be really excited about a CFDA collaboration between Vena Cava and the Gap. Sounds like a good idea, I love Vena Cava's prints (though I do think the stylist for Gossip Girl should really put Serena in something else for once) and this black and white arrow print camisole I bought a few years ago is still one of my default wardrobe favorites. This morning I was trolling Refinery29 and was alerted to the partnership. Looks like Vena Cava is just heavily relying on the same exact print they did a few years ago, much to my dismay. Don't get me wrong, I like the Gap for certain things (like t-shirts) but I cannot stand the lint-collecting brushed cotton that they use so often...shudder. Plus I'm just miffed that my fave go-to top will soon have a million dopplegangers on sale for $14.99. Oh well. Here are some images that have surfaced, it's slated to hit stores June 16th for those that are interested:



Here's hoping that the rest will be a little more exciting. Of course the CFDA winner Alexander Wang is also doing a collection for the Gap which looks even more lackluster. Then again, I've just never really been much of a fan of A. Wang or the theme this year, khaki. The cropped motorcycle jacket is ok...all this is putting me to sleep but I guess I shouldn't expect to be dazzled by the Gap's offerings, right?



via the pipeline via racked

7 comments:

Cassiopeia said...

i'm never quite sure what i think about gap collab's but i do rather like those dresses... xxxc

WendyB said...

Ooh, I know what you mean about lint-collecting cotton. Hate that.

Sydnie said...

I hate the lint-collecting cotton! But those jackets are very cute. Great style!

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

liana said...

i like the dresses. they are nice. and well priced too.
loving the 2nd jacket too.
xo

Sophia said...

so many collabs, i've completely lost interest you know? the vena cava prints are beautiful, but i hear ya on not feeling the fact they're printing it on a million dresses probably of poor fabric quality too. boooo.

Sushi said...

I love both of those dresses x Sushi

LuxiRare said...

ha! whole heartedly agree with your commentary here..100%