Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Celebrities Hanging Out With Other Celebrities

I get really excited whenever I see photos of celebrities that I like hanging out with other celebrities that I like. Like Anjelica Huston and Tilda Swinton at the Oscars. OK, so they weren’t exactly “hanging out” but I like to think that they talked smack about everyone’s dumb princess outfits and bonded over that whole ugly/pretty look that they both have going on. Seeing them together reminded me of another photo of Angelica Huston hanging out with Bianca Jagger at a Bob Dylan concert in the seventies. I realized that my computer is actually brimming with photos of fun and occasionally bizarre celebrity pairings, here are some of my faves:


Anjelica Huston & Tilda Swinton


Bianca Jagger & Anjelica Huston


Courtney Love & Jim Jarmusch


Marlene Dietrich, Anna May Wong & Leni Riefenstahl


Patti Smith & Sissy Spacek


Dana Valery, Sandie Shaw & Marianne Faithfull


Christine Keeler, David Bailey, Penelope Tree, Marianne Faithfull


Julie Christie & Monica Vitti


Sonny Bono, Cher & Twiggy


Dolly Parton & Cher

14 comments:

Tuffer said...

That's quite a collection of photos. tres interessant.

Gerard Willing said...

Miss Glitzy & myself were fascinated by your pic showing Marlene, Anna and Leni together. Hot stuff. You're now a fave link on my new blog. I love what you do! Thanks.

E.K. said...

Dolly Parton & Cher...Ha!! It's a sign of the Apocalypse!

Megan said...

this post is so good! love dolly+cher+dulcimer and marianne+penelope.

Chelsea said...

Thanks Gerard!

And yes,
Dolly Parton & Cher is such a winner. I think I'll do a follow up post sometime, I have a lot more photos like these.

niki said...

YES! Dolly & Cher is kind of epic.
Sonny, Cher & Twiggy is great too.

miriam said...

love love penelope!

Jason said...

"Courtney Love & Jim Jarmusch"
Well, I don't believe either of us expected that one.

Tahda said...

wow, I can't believe they fit dolly & cher into one frame - that's a lot of hair & make-up!

Rose said...

Love this pictures!

Twyla said...

I thought Patti and Sissy were hilarious.

Emma said...

oh my. courtney. wow. just wow.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful post. Someone's been collectin'.

By the by, the gentleman between Julie Christie and Monica Vitti is Dirk Bogarde.

Invertir en oro said...

Hello, i would like to read more about this interesting topic.