Friday, April 4, 2008

Pretty Talk #1: Blush

Aside from spending all my money on clothes, I also like to blow my hard earned cash on pretty pots of lotions and potions for my face. Cosmetics could be considered much more of a gamble than clothing because who is really going to take the time to return a $15 tube of mascara (assuming that you can return it once opened)? Since I've already wasted all my money on the many misses cluttering my drawers I thought I'd clue my beloved Cat Party readers in on some of the best beauty products I've tested. This week I'll focus on the one item in my make-up kit that can transform a sickly, sallow and sometimes hungover complexion into a radiant breath of spring, all with a simple sweep of magical pink powder!

Benefit's Dandelion Blush is probably the easiest to apply if you're a make-up novice, the color is very sheer so one needn't worry about overdoing it.



Tarte Cheek Stain is one of my favorites, especially in the Spring and Summer when foundation and powder are not an option. It glides on the skin and creates a light dewy flush; an added bonus being it's also pretty hard to screw up. My favorite color is Tipsy but I also like Doll Face...plus the scent is reminiscent of My Little Ponies!



Nars Creme Blush is not the best choice for beginners, especially in my favorite color Cactus Flower. It's a very intense coral with subtle gold flecks that is best applied with the slightest dab of the ring finger. Go overboard and you'll end up with clown-face. Apply it in just the right fashion and it is perfect!



Let me know what your favorite blushes/blushers/rouges are, I'd love to give them a try!

18 comments:

Sarah said...

I use MAC's "Fleur Power" with Dandelion under it, it's a simple powder blush, but a really pretty natural pink color.

July Stars said...

You have to try Laura Mercier products. They're genius, all of them! I would never wear anything else ...

Chick said...

You have a great blog here.

I recently fell in love with Smashbox products & Bobbie Brown lipgloss. I'm sort of a novice when it comes to makeup...but I've found out that less is usually more.

Thanks for your tips...I feel a shopping trip coming on.

Alyson Clair said...

Smells like my little ponies? Sweet! I am so getting some.

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Secret Diary said...

any tips for your fave eyeliner in cobalt??

On Track said...

I love benefit blush, I think it is one of the best I have found in a long time :)

susy said...

i use nars in a color that looks like it would be obscene...but it looks great on... mata hari.

it's kind of a...light fuschia?

AsianCajuns said...

I've always wanted to try Tarte's cheek stains, but have been too intimidated by the color. Your review is making me rethink that though :)!

Megan said...

july stars: i love laura mercier products, they are the best! especially the concealer.

secret diary: i sadly can't wear eyeliner, it looks really bad with my eye shape but i've heard that mac fluidline is the best!

asiancajuns: don't be afraid, give them a try! they're really very sheer.

Secret Diary said...

you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

please visit lamilla.se

Polina said...

I love them all ! You really have to try Guerlain...the best one for me =)

Jess said...

I have to try Dandelion Blush it looks wonderful.

miquette said...

for the latin/olive skinned ladies like myself, the tarte cheek stain in tickled is really great (and like megan said, smells cute), and the nars cream blush in constantinople is a good pick too. i'm also going to keep it real: i've totally put the cheek stain on my lips. and it was awesome.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

Somehow you posted three of my all-time favorite blushes! Sadly, I need all three of them with me at all times, meaning my make-up bag is stuffed to the brim with thinks solely to my cheeks pink.

editor said...

i'm intrigued by blush. the dandelion looks so pretty. uber pretty. the cheek stain appeals because i like the idea of multipurpose, cheeks and lips.
so many choices. i'm beyond a novice.

lucyloves said...

Benefit blush is one of the best I've tried, I would recommend :)