Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tokion Gets a (blah) Redesign

Just when I was finally getting over the Another Magazine redesign, I spotted the new issue of Tokion at the newsstand. It looked so generic that I could barely recognize it. Why would a magazine that is known for it’s playful, forward-thinking approach to editorial design decide to re-invent itself as a sub-par fashion magazine? And what is with the cover? It’s almost as bad as Surface. Not interesting!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

ashley churchill said...

oh gross! tokion's offices are in my friend's old work building and they always seemed so nice. why would they ruin a perfectly good magazine? bo-ring.

Anonymous said...

. . . But what happened to their cute logo?!

Anonymous said...

ugh. terrible. this makes me so sad - Tokion used to be so experimental and awesome, one of my favorite magazines but now it looks like shit, so sloppy with the typography and totally boring.

Bobble Bee said...

oh my dear... you're so right, it reminds me awful Surface ..

Kylie said...

Saw another issue of Tokion today on the stands... did they change format again? I searched Tokion redesign and ended up here. Not entirely sure what's going on with the magazine, but I like what I saw inside- some nice type treatments that seem to remember the old awesome and no more tabloid, but they did keep the new logo.